Saturday 1 September 2018

Rinea Tea Box

Hello crafty friends!

I bet you thought I would be posting another card today, huh? Surprise!  Happy September - and a brand new Rinea Project is in store for you!  I had so much fun making a tea box last month that I couldn't resist making another one!!!
For this project, I used the Princess Variety Pack. Now, I can't take credit for "inventing" this tea box - I had seen the project floating around on Splitcoast Stampers a few year back and have never had a chance to make it. This was my perfect chance to do so!  SO - I always give credit to the original creator. :)  The Template for the box itself can be found HERE.  The Rinea Foiled Paper was just PERFECT for this project! 
I just couldn't resist using the sweet Rita Barakat Fairy Stamp to decorate the front of my box. I stamped her onto a piece of the Glossy Silver/Gold Foiled Paper using Staz-on Ink and fussy cut it out. I die cut a bunch of butterfly's to decorate the box too! Did you know that the foiled paper die cuts AMAZINGLY well? I love it for butterflies as you can bend and shape it - and it holds however you bend it!  Perfect for butterflies!
I made a little "yo-yo" detail for the top - a simple 1" strip of the Glossy Silver/Gold Foiled Paper cut 12" long. Score every 1/2" and accordian fold, then pop into a yoyo! Attach a little piece of cardstock underneath to hold the yoyo open.  I embellished the lid with another large butterfly and a pearl.

What a perfect hostess gift!  Simply pop in a few of her favorite tea bags and you are set! 
Did you know that the MIsfits Packs are the perfect little things to use for your die cuts? Assorted colors styles and both the Starstruck and Glossy could be included! 
I hope you will go and make yourself a sweet little host give today!  I had a lot of fun making it.


See you next time!



Jess

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment