Wednesday 19 September 2018

Feathered Wall Art

Hello friends!



I'm excited to share my final Southern Ridge Trading Company Design Team Project. It has been truly an honor to design for this amazing Canadian Company!  I've been blessed to be a member of the team, and I will truly miss it - BUT, I will keep on using these amazing chipboard pieces in my art and I can't wait to see what the next group of talented designers showcases!!

I used the following Southern Ridge Trading Company products on this project:

Tribal Feather Mix


So, I wanted to really think outside the box this time - do something NOT even PAPERCRAFT!  GASP!!!  I call it  "Feathered Wall Art" because it's truly not a dreamcatcher. PLUS, it's a fabulous project to use up all those bits and pieces of scrap ribbon and trims we all have kicking around the craft space!!  This is a really simple project.  Let's get crafting!

First, I covered an 8" Brass Dreamcatcher ring with a burlap ribbon. I used some Tear-ific Tape to keep it nice and adhered.

  

Next, I decorated my feathers!  I used my Nuvo Embellishment Mousses in Fresh Copper, Aquamarine, Toasted Almond and Coastal Surf. I just used a sponge to color both sides. I added a bit of Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone to one of the feathers as well, using a palette knife to apply.  I tried to use a stencil, but it really didn't leave an effect, so I didn't really include that in my instructions.



The ribbon trims were all tied onto the bottom of the dreamcatcher ring.  I used some embroidery floss to tie my feathers on and accented with some copper leaves, beads and wire.









Here are the supplies I used:

Tribal Feather Mix Chipboard
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Toasted Almond, Fresh Copper, Aquamarine, Coastal Surf
- Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone
- palette knife
- sponge
- ribbon trim
- burlap trim
- sequin trim
- Tear-ific Tape
- 8" DreamCatcher ring
- embroidery floss
- miscellaneous wire trims


Thanks for stopping by!  See you again really soon with some more handmade inspiration!!



Jess


 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment