Friday 14 September 2018

SparkleNSprinkle - Great Horned Owl Halloween

Hi Crafty Friends!
I am sooo excited to share this cool mash-up card I made featuring this month's SNS Great Horned Owl Stamp Set!  I actually used the Digital Version of the stamp along with a previous release, When Black Cats Prowl!  Even more fun?  It GLOWS in the dark! :) Perfectly spooky for Halloween!
Here is my SNS Supply List:

This is a great technique that you can use for a variety of backgrounds. I started by printing off my digital images. I simply created the scene I wanted in word. I did flip the bat so they were opposites. That is the best part about digital stamps - you can manipulate them and build a scene!


Once I had it all printed, I punched out a moon shaped piece of cardstock to use as a mask over the owl - I didn't want to cover him up with the Embellishment Mousse!  I then proceeded to simply add my layers of mousse - starting with my Orange Blush around the outside of the mask. I built my layers with a sponge from orange, to Coastal Surf, to Pacific Teal and finally the darkest, Seaspray Green! When I had all the blending where I wanted it, I removed my mask and finished off with the Lemon Sorbet to fill in the "moon" and behind the sentiment.

As I had covered up the bats somewhat with mousse, I wanted them to re-pop a bit, so I used my Sakura Glue Pen to adhere some Black Ice Glitter.

My final touch was the Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder which I added using the Sakura Glue pen. I added it to his eyes, and then made some "stars" in the sky.


  

Happy cardmaking! :)  See you next time!

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

1 comment:

  1. Really cool Embellishment Mousse background. Love your card Jess. Its a bit spooky but still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete