Tuesday 1 January 2019

Rinea Valentine's Owls

Happy New Year!!

It's time to move on from our Christmas season and enter all things Valentine's!  Bring on the pinks, purples, and reds, am I right? 

I'm sharing a brand new Rinea Foiled Paper creations with you today. 

I created these super sweet owls that are perfect as cupcake toppers, puppets or your child's Valentine exchange! I used the Love Foiled Paper Variety Pack to create them and I can't wait to show you how I made them!

For this project you will need the following:
Love Foiled Paper Variety Pack  (I LOVE this pack!  So pretty!)
- various paper punches
- popsicle sticks
- adhesive of choice
- scissors
- Nuvo Crystal Drops in White


You are going to start by punching the Rinea Foiled Paper as follows:
- a large circle for the body
- smaller circle for his "belly"
- small circles for eyes
- a few hearts


I used the 1" punch to cut out the "ears" of the owl - basically take a big bite of out the top (this is how I'm going to be teaching my kids classes to complete this step). I also used a heart embossing folder to add some extra texture to the bellies.


Add your eye layers and accent with the white Crystal Drops. I used the skinny heart to cut out the beaks. A little heart accented the owl's chests!



Add the popsicle stick to the back and voila!  Perfect little owl toppers!!  I am going to use these to decorate Valentine Cupcakes. You could even leave the sticks of and add a little "To: From:" on the back for easy Valentine's.

I hope you enjoyed this quick Rinea Foiled Paper tutorial!  Cheers to a fantastic and creative 2019!!!

Jess

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing post, I enjoyed reading it.
    Your blog looks lovely, dear!
    Happy New Year, lots of love to you!

    Following you, would you like to follow me back?
    My blog

    ReplyDelete