Monday 1 October 2018

Halloween Treat Box with Rinea

Hello crafty friends!



Happy October!! It's time for a brand new Rinea Project ! Since it's October, I felt it was time to bring on the Halloween projects!  I keep my Halloween more "cutesy" than scary, so I hope I can inspire some fun craft projects for you!
For this project, I used the Haunted Variety Pack.   With Halloween parties coming up at school, I thought a treat box would fit the bill! I had this Matchbox Die sitting in my stash (it's an old Stampin' Up! one) and I was dying to use it - so it was a perfect win-win!
I love when you have dies that make projects quick and easy! I did use a rubber plate to ensure that the score lines showed up as well as the cut lines - it worked perfectly with the Rinea Foiled Papers!  The scoring was very easy! I just followed the directions on the die box and fold everything up!  I used my Big Shot to cut the foiled paper. For the box, I used the Glossy Marigold Orange/Gold Foiled paper. 

  

Of course I needed to decorate the box! Before I made this box, I was trying to create spider legs by curling 1/2" strips of Starstruck Ebony Black foiled paper around a pencil. The spider didn't turn out, but the coils became the PERFECT topper for the box!

I used a Tonic Studios halloween die to cut some spiders and webs from Glossy Ebony Black/Gold foiled paper (I just used the gold side for the webs) and glued them. Inside the matchbox is some shredded scrap foiled papers - kind of like Easter basket stuffing - so I can hide a little treat inside!
 

See you next time!



Jess

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment