Friday 5 October 2018

Sweet Baby Unicorn with SNS

Hello friends!!


It's time for a fun new month at SparkleNSprinkle!  My first card this month features the super cute Sweet Baby Unicorn Stamp Set!

SNS Supply List:


Let's get creating!  

Step 1 - Create your focal image!

I started by coloring some random backgrounds onto watercolor paper using Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens.You can see how I did this on my YouTube Channel HERE.  I stamped the sweet little baby unicorn using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Black Detail Embossing Powder,  

      

After I had it embossed, I fussy cut out the unicorn.

Step 2 - Work on your BACKGROUND

I decided to do the LACE TECHNIQUE for my background!  For this technique, you need a piece of Sticker Paper, a piece of your favorite lace and 2 colors of glitter (I like to use Mircrofine Glitter for this technique). Remove the protective backing from your sticker paper and lay your lace over top. I like to use my darker Glitter color first, then my lighter color. Sprinkle on your Candy Pink Microfine Glitter and burnish in well with your finger tool. Tap off your excess glitter and gently pull back your lace. Sprinkle on your second glitter color (I used Butterscotch Glitter  here for this card) and gently burnish it in!  You will see you have now transferred your lace design to your paper!

      

Step 3 - Die Cuts!

I decided I wanted something in behind my unicorn, so I grabbed my Tonic StudiosFern Garland Die 1282e and die cut a piece of yellow cardstock. I didn't want the wreath to be open, so I did a second die cut on a piece of Sticker Paper covered with Carnation Glitter. I used the CENTER CUT of the wreath to insert into my original yellow piece (now I have a glittery wreath to use on my next project!)...so don't forget that your "scrap" die cut pieces can also be used!


Step 4 - Put It ALL Together and Embellish!

To embellish my unicorn, I added some Carnation and Unicorn Glitters to her mane and tail using a Sakura Glue Pen.  I also used some Dimensional Glue to added Snow White Flocking to her cloud.

 

I adhered all my layers with 1/2" Tear-Ific Tape and used some dimensional squares to pop up the unicorn.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark Ink and embossed with Rosa Embossing Powder. A bit of pink grosgrain ribbon was added too. Finally, I added some of the Enchanted Sequin Mix to the unicorn and card using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive

    



There you have it!  A super cute, super fun baby card for your collection! Want to save 10% on all your regular SparkleNSprinkle purchases? Use code JessDT10 

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment