Friday 22 March 2019

Rinea Easter/Baby Shower Topiaries

Hello crafty friends!

I have some cool new projects to share with you for Rinea today! :)  I wanted to make some sort of Topiary and create two different versions. SO - I created one with larger flowers to be used as a Baby Shower decoration (like a centerpiece) and one as an Easter Decoration (which you will see at the end of the post!).  Want to know how I made it? Read on!
The first Topiary starts with a styrofoam easter egg shape. I used a flower punch to cut the shapes from Silver/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper  and Lavender/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.  I totally forgot to count how many flowers I used - but it would depend on the size of the flower you are cutting and your styrofoam base.

Once I had all my pretty flowers cut out, I started pinning them into the egg using plastic head pins (you could hot glue if you didn't want a pin showing). I fluffed each petal out as I went.  Once it was completely covered, I inserted a paper straw into the bottom of the egg to hold it up.  
  

I took a small terra cotta pot and added a strip of the Lavender Glossy Paper around the top to decorate. Inside the pot in added a few river stones for weight and topped with some faux moss, then inserted my egg.  Finally, one more flower was added to the front of the pot and a pretty cabochon was added to the center.
   

You could totally change the colors to blues for a boy shower or neutrals for a surprise shower! They would make adorable centerpieces. I used the new Florals Pack to make this one:

  

   
For this pot, instead of the moss, I used shreds of Rinea Foiled Paper! :) More "Easter" I felt. I also used dressmaker's pins on this topiary - you can't really see them as much. A totally different option for you!
I hope you enjoyed my quick tutorial!  See you again really soon!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment