Friday 16 November 2018

SparkleNSprinkle - A Big Thanks

Hello crafty friends!


I really stepped out of my comfort zone on this card and did more of a mixed media feel! This is my second card for SparkleNSprinkle November Reveal!!  There are a lot of layers on this card along with tons of embossing powder and a couple extra stamp sets!  SOOO...let's get inky!

First up, here is my SNS Supply List:



Let's get crafting!


Step 1 - Layers of Embossing Powder and Creating the Background

So to start with, I stamped the Music Background stamp with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Black Detail. I wanted it to be distressed, so I purposely didn't ink it evenly. 

 

 I continued on with my theme of "Ink Smooshing" and created the backgournd colors using Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens, my Tonic Glass Mat and some water spritzes! I just love all the different backgrounds you can create with this technique!

    

Step 2 - Add More Embossing Powder and STAMP 

The next few steps I used were fairly random (haha). I used the Journal Mixed Media stamp and Versamark Ink to add some random ink spots. I added both Gold Detail and Beach Cruiser Embossing Powders and heat set.

    

I just kept adding layers until it looked how I wanted!  I also grabbed the Nuvo Hybrid Diamond Inks and did direct to paper inking along with stamping randomly over the background.  Some Super Thick White Embossing Powder was sprinkled on and heat set from under the panel.  


I wanted a little something special, so I took a piece of white cardstock, inked up with Versamark Ink, sprinkled on Beach Cruiser Embossing Powder and heat set. I repeated this process in the same spot until I had about 4 layers of embossing powder. Working quickly, I used my Journal Mixed Media Stamp (which was inked up with Versamark) and stamped into the warm embossing powder, creating this really cool wax seal effect!  I distress it a bit and added it to my background.

 

Phew! That was a lot of background steps! (haha).

Step 3 - Sentiment and Put It Together

I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat set with Black Detail Embossing Powder. I dripped a bit of Aqua Flow Ink onto it to distress, then fussy cut it out. I adhered it to my background with some Foam Squares.  I used a piece of patterned paper from the Kaisercraft Memory Lane Paperpack and added it to my card base background.


  


I had a piece of vintage German book paper in my stash, so I distressed it with the Hybrid Inks and Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens, then adhered to the card base with Tear-ific Tape. (oh how I took a ton of photos for this card! LOL)

  

All the layers were adhered with Tear-ific Tape and I added some Caramel Cream Crystal Drops to finish the card.


I had a ton of fun playing with Embossing Powders on this card - and stamps!!  Now go and have fun creating!

See you soon!

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment