Friday 6 April 2018

SparkleNSprinkle - From Christmas to Lanterns

Hello friends!



It's time for our April 2018 New Stamp Reveal over at SparkleNSprinkle!  I'm so excited to share that  in addition to the Sponsorship & Challenge Coordinator Position, I have also taken on a new role for SparkleNSprinkle - Design Team Coordinator! Lots of new challenges to take on and I am just so darn excited!!!

Onto this first Reveal card!  I just LOVED the Christmas Baubles Stamp Set, but couldn't bear to make a Christmas card yet.....soooo, I figured I would go outside the box!  After looking closely at the stamps, I realized I could turn them into lanterns!  Genius! (I sometimes have those moments you know - hahaha!). You would never know by looking at this card that it was made from a Christmas set!  Think outside the box ;)  I was super excited to that the FANTASTIC Demo Donna chose to use my card as the inspiration for our April Video Kit Club!!!

First up....let's talk about the Supply List:


Onto the card!

First things first - let's stamp!  I inked up the baubles with Versamark Ink and randomly stamped them onto my white cardstock. I sprinkled on Black Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. Then I grabbed all my BRAND NEW Nuvo Marker Pens!  You will have to forgive me for not writing down all the exact colors I used! I'm new to the whole "alcohol marker" thing - so I promise in the future to write down the numbers as I use them! I linked you above in the supply list to one of the sets - simply search from there for all 20+ sets! They blended really nicely and I can't wait to share more artwork that I made with them! So much fun - and I love that they come in a 3 pack at a time - I don't have to invest in 300 markers to get some nice blends! WIN WIN!  

  

Aren't the colors pretty? I simply fussy cut them out to create the "lanterns". :) 

Onto the BACKGROUND!!  This part was easy peasy - I simply grabbed my Nuvo Aquaflow Pens in Yellow & Green (from the Spring and Summer collections) and did a freehand wash over the background. No over thinking - just splash it on! I wanted it to feel like a sunset or lazy summer day style background. I figured I need some sort of "fauna" in the background, so I grabbed an oldie, but goodie - the Wetlands 2 Stamp Set!  As you can see, I stamped 2 of the images with Versamark, then heat embossed with the new (and GORGEOUS) Timber Embossing Powder. So pretty!  (NOTE: I ended up covering this image with my sentiment in the end - ooops! BUT I wanted you to see the gorgeous tones and colors of this new Embossing Powder!).

 

A layer of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape was added around another piece of white cardstock, and  to this I sprinkled on the Spring Willow Embossing Powder - heat setting of course!! I wanted a bit of a border for my panel. SOOO light and pretty. You will love this powder.


For my Sentiment, I grabbed the BRAND NEW Nuvo Shimmer Powder in Atlantis Burst. These are similar to the Colorburst Powders - but have sooo much sparkle and dimension to them!  I sprinkled some onto my acrylic block and "painted" it on with a painter pen.  So pretty - and look at the ombre effect I was able to create! You are definitely going to want some of these in your stash ASAP!

  

I actually grabbed my scissors and "doctored" up this stamp set for my sentiment!  I carefully cut apart the "Celebrate" word from the entire sentiment and just used this portion. I love this part about rubber stamps!  I can still use all the words together in the future too! I used the Timber Embossing Powder on the sentiment too :)


All the layers were adhered with Tear-ific Tape of course!  I hand drew in the "lantern rope" using a Nuvo Caligraphy Pen. Nuvo Glitter Drops in Honey Gold and Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew were used to embellish the card.

  

  


I hope you LOVE this card - it was a TON of fun to create!  I can't wait to share the rest of my cards with you this month - stay tuned!! There are some really pretty things to come - and lots more coloring to do!!

See ya soon!

Jess

4 comments:

  1. Love what you did here Jess. The "lanterns" are really cool. Great background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you took the stamps and made them lanterns. Also love the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and they look
    fabulous as lanterns!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess, a great use of the Christmas baubles to make chinese style lanterns that can be used any time of the year, love the bright colours you have used... thank you for the inspiration, have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete