Thursday 12 April 2018

SparkleNSprinkle - Tulip Squares

Hello crafty friends!



I have a really fun card to share with you today for SparkleNSprinkle!  I think that this was my fave of all the stamp sets this month AND I was able to play with some NEW markers to boot!

Here is my SNS Supply List:

Other Supplies:
- Redm White & Black Cardstock
- Brads
- Polka Dot Embossing Folder

Alrighty - let's get stamping!!!

First up, I stamped my "window" frame image of the Tulip Square stamp set using my Stamp Platform. I stamped onto white cardstock using Versafine Ink.  Then, I grabbed my BRAND NEW Nuvo Marker Pens and went to work coloring!  As you can see, you can blend them quite well!  I'm sorry I forgot to write down every single color I used -I'm so new to markers that I'm not used to that yet! haha :)  BUT - I know I used the Irish Clover Set - and they are such a great value (you get 3 pens to a set!) that you should just pick them all up! haha :)

  

Next, I stamped the ladybugs just free hand using the Versafine and again, colored them with the Nuvo Markers. Then I fussy cut them out :) I had this really cute Mandala Ladybird Set from Tonic sitting in my stash that I hadn't used yet, so I thought that would be a great addition to this card. I cut it out using red and black cardstock.  I just wanted a little something special on him, so I added some Magic Speckle Embossing Powder.

  


Then, it was simple - layers and final sentiments! I stamped the "Ladybug Hugs" sentiment onto a scrap of white cardstock and embossed with Red Apple Embossing Powder. That I punched out using a 1" punch.  A small black brad was added to make the sentiment pop like a tag. Ruby Slippers Glitter Drops decorated and embellished. All the layers were adhered using 1/2" and 1/4" Tear-ific Tape. I also added 2 layers of the 1/2" and 1/4" Tear-ific Tape across my card background panel and added the Fire Engine Red Glitter. To my little fussy cut ladybugs, I used the Smooth Precision Glue Pen to add Black Suede Glitter to their backs and polka dots. :) If you notice closely, I used a polka dot embossing folder on textured cardstock to create my background panel.  A little slip of ribbon completed the card! 

  

  

  

I'm still new to the world of alcohol marker coloring - so I hope you think I did a great job! :) I love how the little ladybugs are walking up the window!

Now - leave me a comment, then go over the the SNS blog to leave me a comment there too so you can be entered in our big monthly contest! :)

See ya soon!

Jess





1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Love the
    window image and the
    Ladybugs are so sweet!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete