Friday 27 October 2017

SparkleNSprinkle - Farm Fresh Cows

Hello friends!






We are heading back to the farm this week with SparkleNSprinkle!  I am still showcasing these versatile farm sets.  I was inspired by sunsets, so that is how this idea came to fruition.  Today' card features the Farm Fresh - Cows Stamp Set. First, as always, my SparkleNSprinkle supply list:

Supply List (SNS):

Let's get creative!

First things first, I stamped my cow image onto a piece of white cardstock using Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder (the second set of cows in the photo was embossed with Blackened Bronze Embossing Powder and I will include photos of the card at the end of this post!).  Using the Tonic Studios Aqua Flow Pens, I did some light watercoloring, building the colors until I created the sunny background.  I used a clear acrylic block as my watercolor palette and a refillable Aqua Pen to pick up the color. 

  

Set that aside to dry and went to work on my background.  Using the Beautiful Bokeh Stencil overtop of a piece of white cardstock, I carefully added my Moonstone Glimmer Paste. I just love this stencil!  You are going to see a lot of it this month ;)  The Glimmer Paste is a wonderful Mixed Media medium - you should really give it a try! 


While that dried, it was onto my "grass". I used a Lawn Fawn grass diecut to create this embellishment. First, I covered a strip of light green cardstock with Versamark Ink, then heat embossed with Stickum Powder. While it was sticky, I added my Grassy Green Flocking and burnished it in. I slightly reheated the Stickum Powder to ensure a good hold. Then, I ran the paper through my Big Shot using the Lawn Fawn Grass Die. Cute trick, huh?

  

Using the Tonic Mixed Edge Oval Dies, I die cut out an oval from the piece of white cardstock with the Glimmer Paste on it. This became my "window" over the cow panel.  I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and embossed with Forest Green Embossing Powder. I popped it up with Foam Sqaures and tied a piece of gold & white twine around the edge. 


Finally, it was time to assemble! I used 1/4" Tear-ific Tape to hold all the layers together. The "grass" was tucked in behind my window and the oval centered over the cows. 

Here is a second card I created using this same technique:





I hope you enjoy this card and my tricks to go along in creating it!  

See ya again soon!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment