Friday 6 October 2017

SparkleNSprinkle - Birdhouse Friends

Hello friends!

I have another fun card to share with your for SparkleNSprinkle!


Supply List (SparkleNSprinkle):

Other Supplies:
Brown Cardstock, White Cardstock, Blue Cardstock
Embossing Folder
Big Shot Die Cut Machine


I just had so much fun making this card! I started by stamping my Birdhouse image onto a piece of white cardstock and watercoloring it using the always fun Nuvo Aquaflow Watercolor Pens.  After it was dry (which was pretty instantly!) I used the Eastern Oyster Die set to cut out the image. I set that aside and went to work on my background.

First, I used a embossing folder to add some texture to the brown cardstock. I rubbed on the Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse to really accentuate the embossed areas. It sure leaves it with a beautiful shine.  Next up was some mixed media FUN!  I sprinkled on the Copper Flame Embossing Powder along with some Super Thick Gold Embossing powder randomly  and heat set from underneath the paper!  This was a fun method of applying the embossing powder without any ink or adhesive. 

  

  

Using the Eastern Oyster Die set again, I cut out a piece of aqua blue cardstock and a piece of Super Adhesive Sheets. To the Super Adhesive Sheets Die Cut I adhered by focal image to the center, then sprinkled on Dark Chocolate Flocking around the outside edge, burnishing it in well. 

I adhered all my pieces together using 1/4" Tear-ific Tape (this stuff is worth its weight in GOLD!) and then I had one more trick up my sleeve!  I wanted to add a bit more texture, so I added a bit more of the Copper Flame Embossing Powder. While it was still HOT, I quickly stamped the Flower image from the set into the hot embossing powder and it left it's imprint!  A quick tip - ink up your stamp with Versamark Ink before stamping into the hot liquid to avoid it sticking to your stamp.

  

Finally, once everything was cooled and well adhered, I added some of the Neptune Crystal Drops as finishing touches.

 

  

  

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and go give some of these techniques and tricks a try!  See you again really soon!

Jess


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Jess, I love the way you have used the super thick EB powders, a really pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete