Monday 2 December 2019

Christmas Door Card with Rinea

Hello crafty friends!
I have a fun new card to share with you for Rinea.
I can't believe it's December? I wanted to give you another holiday card idea and I think I came up with a good one! The idea of a door with a wreath has been around for years, but I put my own spin on it. I purposely didn't add a sentiment and just chose a random house number. I'll list the supplies I used at the end of this post, so you can make it too!
To start, you are going to cut 2 pieces of Mocha/Gold Glossy foiled paper. You want one to be 4X5.25 and the other to be 3.5x4.75 (approx). I did this for my door layers. You are also going to want to cut some light brown cardstock as bases for these pieces. I roughly give between 1/4 and 1/8 of an inch border (depending on how much you want to show).
I ran each piece of foiled paper through my Big Shot with the wood grain embossing folder. To create the distressed look here, I made sure my "sandwich" was on it's thickest setting. I trimmed the smaller piece into 4 door "panels", and adhered all the pieces to the cardstock backgrounds. Using the  Emerald/Gold GlossyRuby/Ruby Starstruck Foiled papers, I die cut 2 wreaths. As you can see, I cut out the bow from the Ruby to add to my wreath. 

Brads (YES!) were used as the door knob and hinges (I know I have actual hinges in my stash - but do you THINK I could still find them?? haha). I wrapped some twine around the wreath to "hang" on my door - and used a couple glue dots to secure it. Finally, as the last accent, I added a "door number" using some hodgepodge hardware. I wrote the number on white cardstock and fitted it behind, then adhered with brads.  I glued the entire cardfront onto my card base and voila!  I LOVE how it turned out!
See you again soon.
Jess
Supplies:

Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Light Brown & White Cardstock
Wreath Die
Brads & twine
Adhesive & Glue Dots
Optional: Hardware silver piece and black pen along with white cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment