Thursday 10 May 2018

Aster Garden - SparkleNSprinkle

Hello sparkly friends!



I'm bringing you a BRAND NEW stamp set today from SparkleNSprinkle - and our entire Design Team is just in love with it!  It's called "Aster Garden" by Beverly Cole Art. It's sooo dreamy!!!  Two of my DT Cards feature this stamp this month! Sooo....let's get crafting!!

SNS Supply List:

This spectacular dark card starts with the base of the Craft Perfect Mirror Cardstock in Satin Finish Black Velvet. It's an A2 size card.  I stamped the images using Versamark Ink and embossed with the White Detail Embossing Powder. A good idea is to swipe your mirror cardstock gently with an Anti-Static Bag first - it will eliminate the flyaway embossing powder!  As you can see, my finished card is quite abstract, so the little specks didn't matter....however, if you are looking for a clean look, the Anti-Static Bag is a must have.  Once the images were heat set, I grabbed my NEW Nuvo Brilliantely Vibrant Watercolor Pencils.  I wanted a hint of color to the images, so I just lightly colored overtop of my white embossing powder. To blend the colors, I used an Aquapainter water brush to move the color around. So simple!

  

P.S. - how GORGEOUS are these images???

Ok - now that we've watercolored, it's time to get messy!  GASP!  Jess is getting messy on a card? You read that right!  I grabbed my Magic Speckle Embossing Powder and lightly/randomly sprinkled it over top of my images and cardstock. I heat set it from UNDERNEATH the cardstock (obviously if you use the heat tool on top you will just blow all the powder away!). Be gentle and patient so you don't burn your paper (yep...I've done this before! LOL).  I LOVE the pearlescent look that Magic Speckle leaves!

  

I did the same process with the Super Thick Gold Embossing Powder. Told ya I was going to get messy!!

  

I really wanted to add some extra color to the Honey Blooms - so I sprayed them with a mist of water and CAREFULLY sprinkled on the Atlantis Burst Shimmer Powder (don't squeeze to hard!  The super fine powder comes out easily - you don't need much!).  I just TAPPED on the bottom of the container. 

  

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark Ink and embossed with Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I did the same technique as the background to add the random embossing powder. All the layers were adhered with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape!  I even applied the flowers using it!  I just ball it up like a thick glue dot!  The final accents were Glitter Drops in Aqautic Mist and Blue Lagoon!

  


  

I hope you love this card and I encourage you to "get messy" next time you create!!!

Have a great day!

Jess

2 comments: