Wednesday 30 May 2018

Cardinal & Holly

Hello again friends!


I'm sharing my final May Reveal card today for SparkleNSprinkle! I'm using the Cardinal & Holly Stamp set - which can be used for holiday and non-holiday cards alike!


First up, supply list!

SNS Supplies:

WOW!  Ok - now I know that seems like quite a long list, but there are lots of little details on the card and it's really not that hard to make ;)

For the background, I stamped the Autumn Berry Wreath randomly over white cardstock, then watercolored with the Aqua Flow Pens. I accented the berries with Autumn Red Crystal Drops and set aside to dry while I worked on the main image.


I stamped the Cardinal & Holly image with Versafine ink and colored with my Aqua Flow pens. 





So pretty, right?  Well...grab your scissors and start fussy cutting! :)  Once you are done that, you can finish off your background. 

I cut a piece of Satin Finish Black Velvet Craft Perfect Paper and ran it through my Big Shot with a fun Christmas themed embossing folder. I rubbed on some of the Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse to give texture and shine.

  

Next, I assembled all my layers, using 1/4" Tear-ific Tape! I actually added a second fussy cut bird later for more dimension.  I used the Red Berry Crystal Drops to accent the berries in the holly leaves.

   

Gypsy Glitter and Gecko Glitter were added for some shiny accents!  Who doesn't love glitter on holiday cards? :)

 

My sentiment was stamped with Versamark Ink and embossed with Gold Detail Embossing Powder. 

I felt I needed to add some extra something and I had some paper flowers kicking around on my desk. They were the PERFECT color!  All I needed to do was add a bit of Gold Glitter using the Nuvo Glitter Marker!!!

  

 



 


I hope you enjoyed my card tutorial.  I think we say this every year, but I really want to get a jump on my holiday cards this summer!!

See you really soon!

Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment