Friday 7 December 2018

Big Birthday Wish

Hello crafty friends!


I have a brand new SparkleNSprinkle December reveal card for you today! I decided to mash an old favorite with the new release - that fave is the Dahlia Rubber Stamp Set. I love the big, bold flowers with the beautiful scripted words in the new release "A Big Birthday Wish". I can see a whole bunch of handmade cards being created with this set.  The card I created for you today is a standard A2 (4.25"x5.5") card. 


Supply List:

Big Birthday Wish Rubber Stamp Set #931

Black Detail Embossing Powder EP171

Dahlia Rubber Stamp Set #500

Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens - Assorted Sets

Super Thick White Embossing Powder EP355

Versamark Ink VM001

Nuvo Crystal Drops - Copper Penny 654N

1/4" Tear-ific Tape SAT01

Bronze Rose Embossing Powder 335

I also used black and white cardstock from my stash.

Step 1 - Create the Background

The background was created using the same "ink smooshing" techniques in a few of my past posts, such as this one HERE.  Once I was happy with the colors, I trimmed down the cardstock to size and sprinkled on some Extra Thick White Embossing powder for texture (heat set from the under side). I used black cardstock to mat the background. 
  


Step 2 - Sentiment

I used Versamark Ink to stamp the sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock and embossed with Bronze Rose Embossing Powder. I love the shimmer to this power - so pretty! It's a cosmic powder, so you can simply wipe any "halo" it leaves off with a swiffer cloth (or something similar). I used the same random sprinkling technique with the Super Thick White Embossing powder on this piece as well.  The sentiment as adhered to a piece of black cardstock with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape. 

I wanted to tie in the sentiment to the background a little bit, so I let a large drop of ink from the Aqua Flow Pen drip into the corner. I think this gave the handmade card an almost "gothic" feel!




 Step 3 - Put it Together and Embellish!

I adhered the sentiment to the card with the 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and added a few drops of Copper Penny Crystal Drops to embellish. I can never be without Crystal Drops on a card these days. I love them!
  

Such a bold card - I really loved how the background stood out on this handmade card. I'm so glad you stopped by today!  I really enjoy reading your comments - so feel free to say hello!  See you really soon.

Jess

1 comment: