Wednesday 29 August 2018

Feathered Friends #2 for SparkleNSprinkle

Hello friends!


I have another fun Feathered Friends card to share with you this month.  I really had a lot of fun playing with a bunch of different Mixed Media techniques!  I can't wait to share with you - they are really fun and easy.

Here is my SNS Supply List:

Ok!  First things first - let's get your beautiful focal image ready!  I started by stamping the image with Versamark Ink and embossing with Black Detail Embossing Powder. I grabbed my Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens and lightly shaded in my birds. The way I like to use my Aqua Flows is to use a clear block as a pallet. I squeeze the color out of the brush and then use a empty water brush to mix and blend the colors, creating custom colors as I go! If I want bold color, I use them directly on paper. 

After it was all nice and dry, I took my Solar Flare Shimmer Powder and gently tapped the powder all around my birds.  CAREFULLY, I used a mini mister to activate the mica and watercolor blend!  SOOO pretty!!!






































Obviously, the more shimmer powder you use, the darker it will be. I just wanted a subtle hint.  Remember those cool backgrounds I made in my last post here (using the Turkish Rose and Nebula Blue Embossing Powder)? Well, I used the background paper to create my sentiment! I stamped it with Versamark Ink, then heat embossed with Sky Blue Spark Embossing Powder!  

 
  


Some simple layers of cardstock were added behind each piece (adhered with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape). I used the 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to add a Margarita Glitter border around the background. Yellow Bird and Gold Coast Glitter Drops finished off this card along with a beautiful twist of glitter twine!  I used Pink Fizz and 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to create it!  It's really quite simple - pull the entire piece of Tear-ific Tape through the glitter while twisting and turning to make a rope! You can make it as tight or loose as you want. 


 

Finally, I added some actual feathers!  I did trim and groom them a bit, but I LOVE the extra they brought to the card.

   

Here are some more close up shots of my finished project:

  



I just love the beautiful subtle details of this card. I hope you enjoyed it too!



See you next time!


Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment