Friday 16 October 2015

Sleigh Ride - SparkleNSprinkle New Release!



Hello friends!

I'm back again over at the SparkleNSprinkle blog with a fun new card featuring the new release stamp set, Sleigh Ride!


Here is the list of supplies I used to make this card (links to all SparkleNSprinkle products used are included):

Stamp Credit: Sleigh Ride {00-744P7}
Navy Cardstock 
White Cardstock
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Brads
Blue Ink
Brown Ink


First I started by stamping the horse image with Versamark Ink.  Then, I sprinkled on the new Fleur de Lis Embossing Powder and heat set from underneath.  I trimmed the image to desired size.  Then I took the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and sponge all around the image to give it a little more color. I used a corner rounder to snip the edges and matted on a piece of navy colored cardstock using Tearific Tape.  I used my corner rounder once more to trim the edges.  Next, I took my Dimensional Glue and created some "snow" underneath the sleigh and horse.  I sprinkled on the Sparkling Snow Glitter and set the piece aside to dry.

I cut my background papers to 4"x5.25" an 3.75"x5" (to fit a standard A2 card).  I took a piece of the 2" Tearific Tape and applied to the top of the navy cardstock.  I sprinkled Snow White Flocking over the adhesive (after I removed the protective backing of course!) and burnished well with my finger tool.  Next, I took the paper and ran it through my Big Shot using a circle patterned embossing folder to give some extra dimension!  Once that was complete, I attached it to the white piece of cardstock with Tearific Tape.  I added the image to the background with foam squares and attached to the card base with more Tearific Tape

Next, I made the sentiment.  I stamped it with a dark blue ink and punched out.  I used another punch to give it some background and attached everything together with Tearific Tape.  To make the brads red, I used our new Super Thick Red Embossing Powder!  I carefully held each brad with tweezers and heated.  Then, I dipped the brad into the embossing powder and head set. I quickly dunked the brad back into the embossing powder and heat set one more time to make is super red.  Don't touch the brad right away, it's super hot!  Once they cooled, I added them to my sentiment and attached to the card with foam squares.


To enhance the inside of the card, I simply stamped a few trees with brown ink, stamping twice to make some darker and lighter.  Then, I stamped with Versamark Ink, sprinkled with Brown Fizz Embossing Powder and heat set.  They turned out nice and sparkly!  I added a "Merry Christmas" sentiment from another stamp set called "Toyland Bear".  Then, I attached it to the inside of the card and voila!  A cute, snow-ready Christmas card!






Thanks for stopping by and now you can go shop for all the supplies to make this card at SparkleNSprinkle!
Cheers!

Jess

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jess. Are you on the design team for Sparkle and Sprinkle ?
    I just started working with them I am doing workshops with their products my sleigh ride stamp is on its way to Belgium.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veerle! Yes, I am a Guest Designer for SparkleNSprinkle in October, November and December! I LOVE their products! So much fun to work with :) Can't wait to see what you do with them!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards, I love them both!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete