Friday 31 March 2017

SparkleNSprinkle - April Reveal

Welcome to the Sparkle N Sprinkle April Reveal Blog Hop!




NEW STORE - NEW BLOG - NEW PRODUCT LINES!

The sets are:

Girlfriend Support Set 2 - 839

(Digi version
DIGI839BG)

Christmas Holly Blessings - 841

(Digi version
DIGI841B - includes extra sentiment)

**Limited Edition**
Corner Garden - 842

(Digi version
DIGI842FS - includes extra images, decoupage sheets, and digi papers)
Corner Garden Digi Bundle set - DIGI842FS (includes extra images, decoupage sheets, and digi papers)
Proudly Patriotic - 843

(Digi version
DIGI843J)
Vibrant Watercolor Digi Papers DIGI4001FS


The new sets are 20% off until April 3, 2017, so after the blog hop, hop on over to the
NEW STORE and have fun shopping - be sure to check out the OTHER amazing new products as well! With names like TONIC STUDIOS, STAMPENDOUS and HOUSE MOUSE, you're sure to fill that cart up quickly!

SNS also has a brand new
blog, which can be found here!

On April 3, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on all the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each designer to be eligible for the Grand Prize (checked for compliance). The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on the
SNS Facebook page and the SNS New Blog

There are FOUR new rubber stamp sets being released this month, plus a new Digi Papers set, and a huge Corner Garden Digi Bundle.


Also, when you purchase the digi versions of any of the SNS rubber sets, you are getting lots of extras that aren't available otherwise. These extras include additional images not available with the rubber version, digi papers (in some cases), and now a cut file to use with your electronic cutting machines will also be included with all digi images purchased!

You're definitely going to want both the rubber versions as well as the digi versions of all our new releases.

The new sets are 20% off until April 3, 2017. So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the
New Store and start shopping.

On April 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize. You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the
SNS Facebook page and the SNS New Blog, will receive ALL of the new rubber stamp sets revealed this month.

The Blog Hop Order this month is:
Diane
Chris
Shona
Eret
Belinda
Corner Garden surprise
Jess (you are HERE!)Donna
Anne

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do. Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize (including the Corner Garden surprise post). 

Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????



Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna? If not, then you are in for a real treat. Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!


I chose to work the beautiful
Corner Garden Stamp Set.

Supply List:
Corner Garden Stamp Set #842

Versamark Ink VM001

Flashy Flamingo Embossing Powder EP452

Embellishment Mousse - Pink Flambe 813N

Clear Embossable Actate - 99602

Black Detail Embossing Powder EP171

1/4" Tear-ific Tape - SAT01

Anti Static Bag - 99512

I had a lot of fun making this card! To start, I took my Anti-Static bag and rubbed it all over my Clear Embossable Acetate piece. This helps to make sure the embossing powder stays put and doesn't fly away everywhere! I stamped my Corner Garden Stamp Set on each corner using Versamark Ink and embossed with Flashy Flamingo Embossing Powder.



I set that piece aside and went to work on my main panel. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder. I randomly stamped the flowers and butterfly images using Versamark ink, then rubbed on some colored chalk to color the images! I love this technique - and hadn't worked with my chalks in a long time!



To add some texture, I rubbed on the Pink Flambe Embellishment Mousse randomly over the white panel.



I decided to make some custom brads - so I took my white brad, dipped it into Versamark Ink, then dipped it into Flashy Flamingo Embossing Powder and heat set. I used tweezer to hold the brad as it get very hot! After heating the embossing powder, I immediately dipped it back into the Flashy Flamingo Embossing Powder to add a second layer.



I used the brads to attached the Acetate Layer to the white panel. Finally, I attached the entire piece to the cardbase using 1/4" Tear-ific Tape!


 




I hope you enjoy this card!  I had fun making it! The next stop on our blog hop is the always amazing Donna and you can find her blog HERE.

See you next time!


 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

15 comments:

  1. How fun and creative! Your acetate card is gorgeous Love the chalked images in the background. That is such a fun technique - thanks for the reminder to do it again sometime soon :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you are so artsy-clever with the techniques used in your amazing creations! I love the "layers" of flowers achieved with that embossable acetate! Beautiful use of the chalks and mousse to achieve a light distressing effect. It's a delightful mixed media creation! thanks for the step-by-step tutorial as well - I learned a lot today! Wishing you a fantastic week-end. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love that Embossable Acetate! Love the effect that you achieved. Such a fun look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You had me at PINK! And, of course the gorgeous pink embossing powder :) The acetate layer really makes this card super special. What a gorgeous, fun, and perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created and of course I LOVE pink...what a fabulous technique..one I will have to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the nuvo and the embossing powder. Great ideas pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is by far my favorite! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super beautiful card! Great reminder of how we can make things match in color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card! Great idea using the acetate. I also like to make my own brads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink is my favorite color and you hit the nail on the head with this fun flirty card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fabulous card! Love the embossed acetate layer in front of the pink background. Your embossed brads are perfect embellishments. Very creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never made a shaker card that worked! Usually everything falls out. But, I keep trying! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the great techniques that were used to make this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome technique Jess you are creative and such a beautiful card thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete