Friday 20 July 2018

When Black Cats Prowl

Hello crafty friends!


I don't know about you, but I just LOVE making Halloween cards!  Granted, they don't get sent out as often as I SHOULD send them, but I really love making them! I think it's the colors I love the best. I especially love vintage themed ANYTHING, so when I saw the "When Black Cats Prowl" Stamp Set from SparkleNSprinkle,  I KNEW I had to work with it!  I also snuck in some of my fave vintage Halloween papers for the background!

As always, here's my SNS Supply List:

Ok! Let's get crafting!  First, I started by stamping my images onto cardstock using Versamark Ink and embossing with Black Detail Embossing Powder. To color the image, I did a "smooshing" technique - I added my Nuvo Aqua Flow Pen ink to an acrylic block, swirled it around a bit and placed my stamped image over it, making the random color patterns!  So easy and fun - plus no two cards will be the same!  I added a bit of Orange Blush Nuvo Embellishement Mousse around the edges of my papers and images too.

    

The bat was stamped with Versamark Ink and embossed with some pretty cool embossing powder called "Stickum Powder". Once you heat set it, it becomes sticky - so you can apply glitter to it!  I added the Black Suede glitter to the bat.  A bit of Black Ash Embellishment Mousse was rubbed onto the edges of the bat. All the images were just fussy cut out - no fancy machines required! Just your good old fashioned scissors. 

 

The sentiment was stamped using Versamark Ink and embossed with Tangy Tangerine Embossing Powder! All of my layers were attached with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape.  The finishing touch? Ebony Black Crystal Drops!!!

   

I hope you enjoyed this card - I sure had a blast creating it! :)  See you again real soon!

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

1 comment:

  1. Very cool card Jess. Love the swiping technique for the coloring.

    ReplyDelete