Friday 26 May 2017

SparkleNSprinkle - Kaitlyn Mermaid Pretty In Pink


Hello friends!
It's time for my last May Reveal Card at SparkleNSprinkle!  WOW!  May sure flew by!  My card today features the gorgeous Kaitlyn Mermaid Stamp Set.  Here is the complete supply list:
Supply List:

So this card had a bit of a "mixed media" vibe to it!  Unfortunately, my computer crashed and took most of my design pictures with it, so I will try my best to describe what I did! :)
First up, the background!
I took a piece of patterned paper and brushed on the Aquamarine & Peony Pink Embellishment Mousse around the edges. I added 2 strips of Tear-ific Tape along the bottom edge (1/8" and 1/2") and embossed with Rosa Embossing Powder.  Next, I added a layer of Moonstone Glimmer Paste with a spatula.  I just smeared it on like icing a cake! hehe  I set the piece aside and went to work watercoloring my image.
I stamped the cute mermaid onto a piece of white cardstock and watercolored her in.  I took my Raspberry Soda Glitter and adhered it with the Medium Nuvo Glue Pen.  I fussy cut her out and then went back to working on my background.  
I had this sort of "bubble" Cricut cut image laying around, so I thought it would be perfect with this "bubbly" card!  I embossed it using Versamark Ink and Mint Julep Embossing powder, then adhered it to the background with the Medium Nuvo Glue Pen.  I also did the sentiment in Mint Julep Embossing and edged it with the Aquamarine & Peony Pink Embellishment Mousse.
All the layers were adhered with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and I added some foam squares to pop up the mermaid image. Finally, as an accent, I added some of the Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops!  I LOVE how it all turned out! :)
I hope you enjoy this card!  I certainly loved all the fun release stamps this month.  See you next time! :)

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment