Friday 22 June 2018

Rinea Foiled Paper Rosettes

Hello crafty friends!
I'm going to show you today how to make these really fun Canada Day Decorations using Rinea Foiled Papers!

I worked with a couple different packs to create this trio of patriotic rosettes!  I primarily used the Magical Foiled Paper Variety Pack along with a few sheets from our brand new Patriotic Foiled Paper Variety Pack (Silver/Silver Startstruck) (Glossy Ruby/Gold, Ruby Starstruck and Glossy Ebony Black/Gold).  You can totally make these rosettes without a die cut too!  I made them both ways. 
You'll also need:
 - Die-cutting Machine (optional)
- Rosette Die (I used one from Stampin'Up/Sizzix)
- Scoring board
- Cardstock scraps
- strong adhesive 
- embossing powder
- Versamark Ink
- patriotic stamps

1. We'll start by making our die-cuts. Rinea Foiled Paper holds it's shape well, because of it's unique properties! I instantly thought of these fun rosettes!  And of course, since I'm Canadian, I had to incorporate a Canada Day theme somewhere!  I picked the Ruby Starstruck Foiled Paper for the largest rosette. For this one I die cut 3 pieces for Foiled Paper. 
2. Using my Scoring board, I scored each line as indicated by the die.  Alternatively, if you don't have the die - you can just score it every 1/2". 
3. Once everything was scored, I accordian folded the paper pieces, then adhered together the ends with some double sided tape. For the large rosette, I needed to use 4 6x12 pieces of Foiled Paper. For the medium and small I was able to use 3 pieces of 3x12 and 2x12 sizes. 
 
4. To help the rosettes keep their shape, I simply used a piece of cardstock in the shape of a circle on the back of the rosette.
5. I wanted to keep my "Canadian" theme, so I die cut a bunch of circles, then used the Ghost Ink to do a few maple leaves. I used the Ebony Black/Gold Foiled Paper for the background of two of the centers. 
6. Embossed Maples leaves and sentiments were added to finish off the designs!  
 
I hope you enjoyed my first project tutorial!  I know you will have a lot of fun making different colored rosettes for your next party!  Experiment with different die-cuts and different shades of Rinea Foiled Paper!  
See you next time!
 Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment