Wednesday 27 June 2018

Vintage Sewing Room

Hello crafty friends!


If you love sewing AND vintage, then this project is RIGHT UP YOUR ALLEY!!!  I present to you my newest Southern Ridge Trading Company project!  Isn't it just lovely?  I can't wait to tell you all about this gorgeous HANDMADE CARD.

I used the following Southern Ridge Chipboard products on this card:




I really loved this set of chipboard items as there were many items in one that I could use to make a card...and still have leftover pieces!!  Great value! :)

Sew.......hahaha (ok, I'm not really that funn).....your first step is the background. I actually adhered a piece of scrap fabric to a piece of cardstock for my base! Next, it was time to get my chipboard pieces all prettied up!  I used a mix of Embossing Powder and some copper Gilding Flakes to create the vintage feel on the sewing machine!





  


A key tip to working with gilding flakes - don't keep an overhead fan on with an open container (or the air conditioning/furnace vent). Just take my word for it ;)




  


Gilding flakes are also a fun way to add texture and dimension!  Simply apply a bid of adhesive, lay on your flakes and then brush off the excess. I used a 2 Way Glue Pen to adhere mine.

Once everything was embossed and distressed with gilding flakes, I added a bit of dusty rose & white lace and adhered everything to my fabric covered card.  I felt it needed a little "extra" so I used my Nuvo Crystal Drops in Pearl to create liquid pearls everywhere!  I just LOVED this sentiment which was stamped and embossed with a dark navy blue embossing powder. 

  



I thought the pearls on the mannequin were the perfect touch!

Here is the rest of my supply list:

- Cardstock
- Fabric Scraps
- Lace Trim
- Nuvo Gilding Flakes: Sunkissed Copper
- SparkleNSprinkle Embossing Powders: Heliotrope, Cotton Candy, Vintage and Silver
- Nuvo Crystal Drops: Ivory Seashell
- Versamark Ink




I hope you enjoy this project - I loved making it. See you next time!


 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment