Saturday 31 December 2016

SparkleNSprinkle - January 2017 Reveal

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's January 1, 2017 New Reveal Blog Hop!



We're starting the New Year off with a BANG! We have a huge reveal to share with you - our largest ever!

There are TEN new stamp sets (one is a digi-only set) being released this month! These new sets are 20% off until January 3, 2017. So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping. 

The sets are:


Right Beside You 812  (digi version DIGI812)
Milton Friendly Giraffe 817  (digi version DIGI817)
Cattleya Orchid Friendship 818  (digi version DIGI818)

Easter Chicky 820  (digi version DIGI820)
Party #1 821  (digi version DIGI821)
Party #2 822  (digi version DIGI822)

Eggs-traordinary Kindness 825  (digi version DIGI825)

Emily Showers of Love 831   (digi version DIGI831)

On Jan 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize. You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.


The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).

The Blog Hop order this month is:

Jess (you are here!)

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do. Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize. 
Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????



The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today. There are lots of prizes and recognition badges. Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well. The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.



Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna? If not, then you are in for a real treat. Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!


Happy New Year Everyone!



I decided to use the "Right Beside You" Stamp Set for the reveal!  I just love it!


So to start this card, let's talk about how I created the background. I decided to try the Marbled Background technique that Demo Donna used here.  To summarize - you simply sprinkle on your choice of coordinating embossing powders onto your cardstock, cover with non-stick foil and heat with your iron. It creates this cool marble look!

 

 


After I finished the background, I simply stamped on my tree and swing images using Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Black Detail Embossing Powder, heat setting carefully.  I used the Clematis Vine Die to add an impression into my background. Originally I was going to use the die to cut a design, but it didn't cut clean through the first pass through my Big Shot and I just LOVED the look of the impression, so I left it!



I added some accents using Nuvo Glitter Drops in Dazzling Blue and let dry.  

I wanted to add something else to the card, so I used a Diamond Embossing Folder on a dark blue piece of cardstock.  Then, I rubbed on some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Pure Platinum.  I just love the look of it!




To assemble the card, I just used Tear-ific Tape to adhere the layers.  I added a doily for something extra along with a piece of bakers twine. 







The next stop on our blog hop is the talented Diane and you can find her blog HERE.

Good luck along the blog hop and cheers to a fabulous New Year!

Jess

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and a fabulous background. Love all the added elements you've used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sentiment and I like how you created the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great background. Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background! Looks great with the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome background! I am gonna have to try that. Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great direction and love the background and of course the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year. Love that marbled bg. It looks like enamel. Amazing effect. The diamonds are gorgeous as well. Thanks for sharing. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Background. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Jess and the background is fabulous, such a fun technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an amazing card, Jess, and I love that you have photographed each step for people like me, who need to see everything. I cannot follow directions. So thank you for this - and for showing all the other tips as well! I've never done this technique, so am looking forward to trying it! Happy New Year! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Jess. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love silhouettes and this one is
    wonderful.
    the embossing on the side is
    great.
    thanks for sharing.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely scene card and I like all the texture on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool card. It reminds me of beautiful art tile. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL card!
    LOVE the scene, sentiment and textures ... the background is AMAZING, looking forward to giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year!
    What an awesome star to the year and this blog hop. I love the background you did with embossing powders. These colors are amazing together. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely background for the image. I love the side and bottom elements of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great background for this fun image Jess. Love the impression made from the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG these new stamps are just AWESOME! You card is fabulous Jess! Love your design and I must admit that is one technique that I've never tried! Thanks for inspiration and all the info! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your background is stunning. Love the added textures. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and background Jess, thanks for the tutorial and Happy New Year! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool idea! I love this, amazing design! Hugs, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)

    ReplyDelete