Wednesday 31 August 2016

SparkleNSprinkle - September Reveal

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's

                                            September 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!



We have four new rubber stamp sets to share with you today and one new digi-only stamp set.  These new sets are 20% off until the 3rd of the month.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  


The sets are:


Puppy Girl 793   (digi version DIGI793)
 Crafting Is Exercise 795   (digi version DIGI795)
Halloween Cat 799   (digi version DIGI799)
Stella-Call Me Witch 800   (digi version DIGI800)
Fruit Note  DIGI3126 (digi only)

On Sept 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).


The Blog Hop order this month is:

Jess (you are here!)




(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)



We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (Compliance is checked.)
 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.



Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!








So I just fell in LOVE with the "Halloween Cat" stamp set!    

It's so adorable!  I went to work :)

First, I ran a piece of black cardstock through my BigShot using a spider web embossing folder.  Then I used my finger tool and rubbed Black Ash & Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse over the embossed panel, creating the fun background.


I stamped the large cat image onto a piece of white cardstock using Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Fleur de Lis Embossing Powder, heat setting from underneath.  Then I fussy cut out the image. I rubbed on some of the Black Ash Embellishment Mousse around the edges.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark Ink and I used Antiquities embossing powder to accent it. Black Ash Mousse was also rubbed on the edges. I made some fun accents using the Ebony Black and Ripened Pumpkin Nuvo Crystal Drops. 

All of the layers were adhered using 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and I popped up the image/sentiment using Foam Squares







I'm so glad you stopped by the blog hop!  I'm the last stop, so if you are just starting here, you can restart from the beginning on Eret's blog.  Be sure to leave some designer love - we love to hear your comments!

Until next time,
 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

26 comments:

  1. What a great Halloween card! Love the way the background turned out. Both of these mousse colors are now on my wish list :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the textured background and that
    awesome Halloween Cat design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the distressed look of this card, and of course the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing me a different way of creating. You all are inspirational, thank you for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background embossing is amazing. Fun distressed, metallic look to this card - making it rather spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome...love the background with the Nuvo, I agree with Shona..kind of spooky and so perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting us of products to make this your own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful background! I also love the embossing powder you used. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background on this card. The cat is really cool too. This card has an "old world" feel to it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Love the distressed look. Fun new products. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! Wish I could be as brave as your spooky kitty is, Jess! It's a wonderful design, with lots of fun ways to use the products. I always enjoy seeing what you come up with. The metallic "distressed" style is perfect for this project! hugs,
    de
    P.S. I'd love to have you stop by my personal blog some time to say hello if you have a chance. Thanks!
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like another new product that I need to check out.
    Love the look of the cat. the shabby turn of the
    corner is a fun idea.
    thanks for sharing a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely elegant Halloween card!! Halloween is my favorite and you've given me some great ideas. I can't wait to get started on my own. If you'll excuse me, I'll go get started right now.... Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Halloween card. Love the spider web embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Jess, and your background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Nuvo on the embossed spider web. I also like overall distressed look of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely creepy spider web background. That mousse works great on the embossing! Fab embossing on the image, but curious as to why you heat set it from underneath? I'm not familiar with that technique. This has been a great hop. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! The Chunky Embossing powders are best set from underneath as they are heavier and the heat tool would just blow them off the Versmark! :) thanks for asking!!

      Delete
  18. Fun!! The Fleur de Lis is perfect. Love the background too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooo, I love that embellishment mouse. The card looks great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This embossed background is so cool. Love the metallic sheen on it. Your embossed cat is perfect too. Such an awesome Halloween card, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  21. BOO-tiful card!!!
    LOVE the cat scene & sentiment, LOVE your textures and shine too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great texturing. I love threw techniques. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card. I love all your fantastic textures.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The spider web embossing really takes this card to the next level. It's awesome and so textural...great colors too!

    ReplyDelete