Thursday 31 December 2015

SparkleNSprinkle - January Reveal!

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's
 first New Reveal Blog Hop of 2016!



We have FIVE new stamp sets to share with you today.  These new sets are 20% off until Jan 3.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  


The sets are:


Three Tenors 767 (digi version DIGI767)
 Sing On 768 (digi version DIGI768)
  Thinking of You 769 (digi version DIGI769)
 Happily Ever After 770 (digi version DIGI770)
 Poppies 771 (digi version DIGI771)


On Jan 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment. 

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).


The Blog Hop order this month is:
Jess >>>>>you are here!

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)


We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  
 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.


Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!






Supply List:  

Aztec Gold Glitter {G1006}
Lemonade Glitter {G1091}
1/2" Tear-ific Tape {SAT04}
2" Tear-ific Tape {SAT12}
Sakura Glue Pen {quicky}
Thinking of You Digi Stamp {DIGI770}
3D Foam Sqaures {01615}

First off, I'm soooo excited to be a Permanent Design Team Member! I can't wait to share with you all year long!



To make this simple, yet gorgeous card, I started by taking the beautiful Thinking of You Flower Bouquet Digi and enlarging it in my Word program.  Next, I added the Happy Birthday sentiment and positioned it where I wanted.  So easy!  I love that the flowers come pre-colored and black&white!  My coloring skills are a work in progress, so I love that I can print it out already gorgeously colored!  How cool is that?  I them printed off my card front and trimmed down to my desired size. 

I then ran my cardstock through my die cutter to make the solid butterfly cutout.  After, I took a piece of 2" Tear-ific Tape and added it behind the cardfront (so the adhesive was facing the front through the cutout.  I took my Lemonade Glitter and sprinkled it over the cutout, burnishing into the exposed adhesive.  To make the super pretty Glitter Ribbon, I followed Demo Donna's technique and used Lemonade Glitter on one side, Aztec Gold on the other!  I tied a loose knot and adhered across the front panel, using a small piece of Tear-ific Tape on the back to secure.



Next, I added a few more strips of 1/2" Tearific Tape and adhered my cardfront to the back cardstock. I took my Quicky Glue Pen and added some sparkle to the bouquet of flowers using Aztec Gold on the centers and Lemonade Glitter on the petals.  I love using the Glue Pen for quick glitter accents!  To add some real pizzazz, I die cut a butterfly and used the Quicky Glue Pen one more time to add Aztec Gold highlights on her wings. I adhered it just over the glittery open butterfly inlaid diecut area using a Foam Square.

To finish off the card, I added a border of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to my edges of my cardbase and added Aztec Gold Glitter.  Then I added the entire cardfront using Tear-ific Tape!




Digital Stamps are such a great, easy way to make a gorgeous card!


The next stop on our blog hop is Eret and you can find her blog here.

Until next time, 

Jess

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunflowers design! Lovely card with beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Oh so pretty with all the sparkle! Awesome design too! Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love all the gold and your glittery ribbon looks fabulous. SO glad you are a permanent part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love using glitter...especially with the tacky tape. Makes it adhere so well. Especially like the effect on the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Jess. Love all the sparkle you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is so pretty.
    I also like the idea of pre-colored digi's. My shading leaves a lot to be desired.
    The big butterfly is beautiful.
    thanks for sharing
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. These flowers are pre-colored? Just stunning - especially with the beautiful butterfly.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely card! I love all the beautiful shimmer. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love being able to make your own glitter ribbon to match your card and lemonade glitter is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous. I love it and you used my fav of the release. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so lovely! I love the details in the cut out of the butterfly and the edging! I will have to CASE this idea! I have done the tape in other areas of my designs but not on the edge. It has such a classy effect. I have never used the digi art work but you did a wonderful job of pulling it all together. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love!!!! All the glitter is perfect! This was a great way to utilize a colored digi stamp, with adding in the additional embellishments of glitter. I love the ribbon too. Yay for Demo Donna's technique! And, congratulations on being a permanent designer!!! So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I can't believe the flowers are a digi. Excellent glitter use too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty. I love that it is a digi stamp. All the glitter is perfect, but my favorite part is the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors! You have sold me on digi stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flowers! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year, Jess!
    Your card is so pretty and sunny. Digis are so fun to use. Love all the glitter and sparkling butterfly window on your card.

    ReplyDelete