Wednesday 6 December 2017

Rinea - Guest Designer

Hello crafty friends!


I'm soooo excited to be a Guest Designer for Rinea this month!  What an honor - and a privilege - to create something for this amazing company!  If you have not ever heard of Rinea, well you must hurry to learn! Let's go!

Rinea - Holds its shape

Rinea Foiled Paper is sooo much fun to play with!

"What makes it special is that it is paper lined with colorful foil on both sides which allows it to hold its shape while remaining sturdy. A large variety of double sided shiny colors with the ability to sculpt adds plenty a bling and a whole new dimensions to your crafting projects." - Rinea

I was so excited when I opened my package! I was sent the Jolly Foiled Paper Variety Pack and the Frosted Foiled Paper Variety Pack to work with. So pretty and the colors were just PERFECT for Christmas creations of all kinds!

To begin, I started playing around with the paper to see how it responded - I used punches, dies and embossing folders. These papers are beyond versatile!  I had some styrofoam shapes on my desk and my mind immediately thought of making a Christmas Tree using a cone!  For this project, I used the Jolly Foiled Papers - you will see another 3D project focusing on the Frosted Papers tomorrow!


Cool, right?  Now how did I create this sweet little tree? Actually, quite easily!  I used a petal punch!  Yes - all the tree branches are petals!  Using the GREEN foiled paper, I punched out a whole ton of leaves!  Then, working from the bottom of my cone, I started layering them on. I used some double sided tape for my adhesive.  I started with the larger petals and finished with some smaller, narrower ones. I love how flexible the foil is, but yet it holds it shape! Very cool.

  

Next, I die cut some cute banners using the gold foil paper. Using Glue dots, I added my banners around my tree as decorations. I also added a few small circle punched shapes to the tree and finished it off with a flower star punched shape - of course we needed a star on the top of our tree!  Some Glass Head pins were also pushed into the sytrofoam base to decorate. 


I hope you love this little project - I had a lot of fun playing with this exciting product.  I have a few more projects to share with you throughout the month, so stay tuned!

See you next time!
Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment