Friday 13 January 2017

SparkleNSprinkle - Easter Chicky #1

Hello Friends!
I'm here today for SparkleNSprinkle with fun card featuring the January Reveal Stamp Set called Easter Chicky!
Supply List:
Easter Chicky #820 Stamp Set
Beach Cruiser Embossing Powder - EP224
Nuvo Large Glue Pen - 204N
Hyacinth Glitter - G2028
Green Iris Glitter - G1068
Daisy Microfine Glitter - GM2019
Mesmerized Marbled Embossing Powder - EP175
Magic Speckle Embossing Powder - EP175
Versamark Ink - VM-001
1/4" Tear-ific Tape - SAT01
Foam Squares - 01613
This was a fun project for me to create!

This is how I made it:
I took a chipboard frame and covered the entire frame with the Nuvo Large Glue Pen.  After the glue set (a few minutes and it becomes tacky!), I sprinkled on Beach Cruiser Embossing Powder, then heat set.  I repeated the process a second time to ensure full coverage. Beach Cruiser is probably one of my MOST FAVORITE embossing powders from SparkleNSprinkle!


I set to work with my blue cardstock.  I used a corner scallop punch to add a decorative touch to the corners and then  I covered the entire outside edges of the cardstock piece with Versamark Ink.  I sprinkled on the Magic Speckle Embossing Powder and heat set.  Don't you just ADORE the pearlized sheen the Magic Speckle gives?  You can layer it on your other embossing powders too!  I just used it by itself on the cardstock and LOVE the results!

 

I took a piece of Sticker Paper, removed the protective backing and adhered my chipboard piece to it.  Grabbing my Daisy Microfine glitter, I sprinkled it all over the the chipboard and exposed sticker paper adhesive to add some extra sparkle!  Using my finger tool, I burnished the glitter onto the sticker paper. 


I stamped the flowers and Chicky Images onto white cardstock and colored them all with Prismacolor Pencils, then fussy cut them out. I added a bit of sparkle using the Small Nuvo Glue Pen to adhered Hyacinth Glitter to the flowers and Green Iris Glitter to the egg. The sentiment was stamped onto white cardstock with Versamark Ink and embossed with Mesmerized Marbled Embossing Powder. I fussy cut it out, dipped the edges into Versamark and added more of the Mesmerized Embossing Powder to add a framed look.


 To assemble, I used 1/4" Tear-ific Tape to adhere all the layers and Foam Squares to pop up the sentiment and single flower.

Finally, I added a bit of accent to the interior of the card using the single Flower Stamp, Versamark and the Mesmerized Embossing Powder.






 I hope you enjoy this card!  I love the final result - and I LOVE making some spring things while it's -45C in the prairies!!  Brrrr!

Until next time,

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment