Monday 17 June 2013

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #8



Hello friends!

I am playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge  once again this week.  Here is the sketch:



I was feeling inspired by the "Buzz & Bumble" Paper Pack from Close to My Heart (I just completed the Workshop on the Go for this last week!).  I also love my Tim Holtz Distress Inks in antique linen and peacock feathers (for a POP of color).  



Here is my completed card!


I am new to the whole "distressed/shabby" look, but I think it turned out great!  I love the pop of blue and the aged look to the whole card.  Even the greeting smudged just the way I wanted it too! :)

I started by distressing all the layers with the distressing tool.  Then I used the wooden sponge too from Inkssentials to smudge the antique linen ink (Tim Holtz) around.  Next, I sponged Desert Sand (CTMH) to darken the corners and edges.  I really tried to bend some of the corners to age the paper.  I just love using Waxy Flax (CTMH) on cards - in this case, I just tied some of the brown waxy flax around the top layer.  I used the Buzz & Bumble stamp set to stamp the images, then hand cut them out.  The blending pen from CTMH is great to color in those images with a slight watercolor look!    The greeting is from Joyful Birthday Occasions (CTMH).


I will share the completed scrapbook pages so you can see where my inspiration came from!  These were straight from the Workshop on the Go (WOTG) instructions. 




What do you think?  I welcome your feedback!!!  Have a great day!

- jess

10 comments:

  1. Love the card. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed the distressed/shabby look straight on the head. It is a great card, and the pop of color is just right. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! I had a lot of fun making this card. :)

      Delete
  3. Love this Jess! Great colors & technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the shabby/chic look of this card. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Jess. I love it !!

    ReplyDelete