Sunday 20 September 2015

SparkleNSprinkle "Big Day" Special Reveal!

Sparkle N Sprinkle is having a Mid-Month Mini Blog Hop so that we can showcase the new Big Day stamp set.

This is a planner/calendar stamp set that was included in this month's video technique kit club. This new set is 20% off until Sept 23.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  



A WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs and will receive this new Big Day set along with the Basic Grey calendar also showcased in this month's video.


 Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for this Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.  

The Grand Prize Winner, will be announced on Sept 23 on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog.


The Blog Hop order for our Mini Reveal is:


Jess (you are here!)

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page)

I decided to make a "Date Night" card for my hubby using this stamp!  It seemed perfect!  


I made my background by arranging all the individual stamps on a large block in a random pattern.  I stamped with Versamark onto a piece of white cardstock.  Then, I randomly sprinkled Red Apple Embossing Powder & Americana Embossing Powder over it and heat set. 


I set it aside and started working on my cardbase.  I used Tear-ific Tape and applied it all around the edges of the card front.  Then, I sprinkled Jasper Blue Microfine glitter all over it and burnished it in with my finger.  I used a bit of red cardstock to make the background pop - I started to think that this card had a definite "Americana" feel to it with my color choices! :D

I also put a strip of Tearific Tape on a small strip of red paper to make the accent for the font. I used the same Jasper Blue glitter to make it pop as well!


I took the Date Night stamp and stamped it with blue ink onto a 1.5" circle.  I used Dimensional Glue around the edge and sprinkled Jasper Blue Glitter to make it stand out.  I set it aside to dry overnight and then went to work on my embellishment.

























To make the swirly circle dimensional embellishment, I used a technique that Demo Donna shared with us in her technique of the week video found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kT0jukNL5g.    I took my Dimensional Glue and made the design on a plastic bag.  I sprinkled  Jasper Glue Glitter over my Dimensional glue pattern, then set it aside to dry.  How simple is that?

I wanted to add an extra sentiment to the card, so I grabbed my Love & Kisses stamp sent and stamped my sentiment on white cardstock.  I dovetail trimmed the edges and used the Sakura Glue Pen & Jasper Blue Glitter to add the swirls on top & underneath the sentiment.


























To assemble the card, I used Tear-ific Tape & Foam Sqaures for added dimension.  I used a few drops of Dimensional Glue to adhere my sparkly swirl embellishment. 

I hope you enjoy my creation as I sure had fun creating it!  I love that I can use a planner stamp to make a fantastic card - who knew?

Here are the links to all the amazing SparkleNSprinkle supplies I used to make this card:


The next stop on our blog hop is Chris and you can find her blog here.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck! 

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment