Wednesday 13 June 2018

Framed Elk

Hello friends!


I have a very masculine handmade card to share with you today, featuring Southern Ridge Trading Company's AH-mazing chipboard products!!!!  This would make an awesome Father's Day Card, or just a birthday card for your fave hunter in the family.

First up, here are the Southern Ridge Products that I used on my handmade card:





Let's get crafting!

To start this handmade card, I grabbed my Nuvo Embellishment Mousses to color the Large Abstract Frame!  I used the Black Ash, Pacific Teal and Mother Of Pearl colors of mousse. The first layer was the Pacific Teal, which I applied with a brush. I used the brush to add bits of the Black Ash and then used my finger tool to rub on Mother Of Pearl in random places.

  

Next up, I went to work on the elk!  I used the largest of the 3 Elk that are included in the package. Using Versamark Ink, I covered the entire Elk and then used a couple different shades of Embossing Powder. I used Pebbled Copper Embossing Powder on the horns and Copper Flame Chunky Embossing Powder on the body.  To add some extra color to the grass, I added a couple layers of Forest Green Embossing Powder. 


I used a simple birch bark patterned paper in the background and applied the frame using some Gem Tek Glue.  I slightly raised up the elk and placed him gently on the background and frame, securing using the Gem Tek Glue.  I added a bit of Aztec Gold Glitter Accents under the grass and Copper Penny Cyrstal Drops randomly around the frame.  A simple sentiment was added to finish of h the card.



I hope you enjoy this masculine card!  Sometimes cards for men are hard to create, but these chipboard pieces make it easy!

See you next time! :)

 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment