Friday 12 January 2018

SparkleNSprinkle - Ocean Fairy

Hello friends!



I have a special card tutorial to share with you for SparkleNSprinkle!  This card features a stamp set/die combo from Tonic Studios.

Supply List:

Let's start with how I created the beautiful fairy! :)  I stamped her onto a piece of white cardstock using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (1707e) with Versamark Ink. Using my Black Detail Embossing Powder, I heat embossed the image.  To cut out the image, I used the matching Ocean Reflections Die Set and my Big Shot machine.

      

I also used this die to cut out a "shadow" from some gray carstock.

 Next, I grabbed my Pearlescent Watercolors and gently watercolored the image.  I wanted to add something "extra" to the fairy, so I grabbed a piece of Vellum that was sitting on my desk and die cut out another fairy image.  

     

At first I was going to add the full die cut to the card, but I could quite get it to "look" right to me. Then it came to me....a fairy needs WINGS!  Using some small shears, I carefully cut out the wing part of the die cut vellum.  I used the Pearlescent watercolors to add a bit of sheen to the wings and then grabbed my Tonic Floral Crafters Set (380) and gently curved the pieces to bow out like wings. 

  

I used the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the wings to my fairy!  So cute!

  

Up next....the background!


Using my Big Shot and an embossing folder, I embossed a piece of 4"x5.25"gold cardstock to add some texture to the background.  I applied 2 pieces of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape across the bottom half of the piece of cardstock (about 1/2 way) and applied the brand new Pink Fizz Glitter!  I just love this brand new color! It's so bright and fresh.  I also added a border of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape around the outside edges of a piece of white cardstock that was just slightly larger than my gold background piece. To that adhesive, I added the Lana Pink Embossing Powder and heat set. It just added a slight pink shimmer and dimension to the card. 

I didn't take a photo of it (somehow I forgot!), but I also die cut a circle of white cardstock to put behind my fairy. I rolled the edges in Versamark Ink and embossed with Copper Peddler Embossing Powder (I'm obsessed with copper these days....you will see it over the course of the next month! LOL)


P.S. - It looks like a need a manicure and a HUGE bottle of cuticle oil, STAT!


I adhered all of my layers using the 1/2" Tear-ific Tape. Once everything was securely fastened together, I grabbed a few of my fave Nuvo Crystal Drop colors - Raspberry Pink and Sweet Lilac and added even more lovely dimension.  I also added a few paper flowers from my stash. 


Voila!  Beautiful fairy fun! :) 


   


I hope you enjoy this card tutorial. Be sure to tune in on January 14 for our NEW February Reveal!  You aren't going to want to miss it! :)


See ya soon!


Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment