Tuesday 12 December 2017

Rinea Christmas Cards

Hello crafty friends!


I'm soooo excited to be a Guest Designer for Rinea this month!  I'm back again with my next official project, this time some gorgeous Christmas Cards!

Rinea - Holds its shape

Rinea Foiled Paper is sooo much fun to play with!

"What makes it special is that it is paper lined with colorful foil on both sides which allows it to hold its shape while remaining sturdy. A large variety of double sided shiny colors with the ability to sculpt adds plenty a bling and a whole new dimensions to your crafting projects." - Rinea

I have truly enjoyed playing with this amazing product this month!  It's been a lot of fun.  For this post, I set about creating cards. BUT, I couldn't just stop at one...so I made a couple!

I grabbed the Jolly Assorted Package and decided to go traditional red, gold and green for my cards.  I used a Tim Holtz Calendar Embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. I thought this calendar themed background would be perfect.  I also used another embossing folder featuring Christmas Bows & branches.

  



Look at that incredible detail!  I love how clearly everything shows up.  I wanted to give a slightly distressed feel to the paper, so I lightly sanded the paper.  I then applied some Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo slightly over top of my sanded edges using a sponge. The effect is very subtle, but it was what I wanted!



Next, I die cut some wreaths using a die from Tonic Studios. I actually cut 2 layers in one pass and both showed great detail.  It was a good time saving trick I will save for later if I need to make multiples of an item.  My sentiments were all die cut too!  No stamping required for these cards.

 



Next up was assembly!  I adhered my die cuts onto the base using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive Glue and added some patterned paper to the base with double sided tape. I really wanted the foiled images to be the focus of these cards.  A few Crystal drops were added for final touches!



.....and VOILA!  Finished cards!




Just look at the detail you can achieve when embossing this foil paper!  Incredible.

 

Thank you so much for tuning in!  A huge thank you to Rinea for allowing be to be a Guest Designer - I had a lot fun and I know I will continue to create some more fun things with this beautiful product line.

See you next time.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment