Friday 23 September 2016

SparkleNSprinkle - Spooky Glow in the Dark Card

Hello friends!


I'm here today with a SPOOKY card created for SparkleNSprinkle, featuring GLOW IN THE DARK Embossing Powder (yes, you read that right!) and the Halloween Cat Stamp Set.

Supply List:


OTHER:
Purple Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Patterned Paper
Scalloped Square Die

Ok - let's get started!

Make your cardbase!  I used a standard A2 Card (4.25x5.5").  Set aside.


Make your background!  I took piece of 4X5/12" cardstock and covered with Veramark Ink. Sprinkle on your Chunky Black Embossing Powder and heat set from underneath (this is so you don't blow all that chunky embossing powder off the top of the card with your heat tool!).  Now, this is the tricky, but FUN part!  While the embossing powder is still warm, quickly STAMP your sentiment into the warm embossing powder, creating and impression.  You can reheat small areas at a time if it sets up, but you must stamp quickly and firmly.  I also inked up the stamp with Versamark Ink prior to stamping it into the embossing powder so that it does not stick to the stamp. 

To make my cat image, I stamped it onto a piece of black cardstock using Versamark Ink and sprinkled on the Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder, then heat settting. I just love this Embossing Powder.  Fussy cut out your image and set aside.

I placed 2 strips of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape directly onto my cardbase - one and the top and one at the bottom. To the top strip, I added some Black Magic Embossing Powder (heat set of course!) and to the bottom I added some super fun Silver Leaf Glitter Tinsel.  I lightly pressed it into the adhesive to make sure it was all attached. On top of this, I adhered my embossed background paper using 1/2" Tear-ific Tape. 

Final step - assemble your card and add your accents.  I cut a scalloped square of patterned paper out using my Big Shot.  I popped up the Cat image using Foam Squares and then attached it to the background once again using the Foam Squares (can you tell I love these little bitty squares? I use them every week! LOL)

Finally, it was time to have fun with my Nuvo Crystal Drops!  I used the Ripened Pumpkin and Ebony Black drops to add accents around the edges of the patterned paper.  I created "eyes" in the corners of my background paper simply by make a base dot of the Ripened Pumpkin and dotting it with the Ebony Black. I just LOVE how you can layer these fun drops! They are so much fun to play with - you just HAVE to get your hands on some of them!

P.S. It's very hard to photography Glow in the Dark!



I hope you enjoy this spooky fun Halloween card - I sure had fun making it!

Until next time,



1 comment:

  1. Very cool and very spooky. Love this with glow in the dark embossing powder (yes, VERY hard to photograph, but looks amazing in person).

    ReplyDelete