Tuesday 21 June 2016

MHKDesigns Monthly Challenge - June/July

Hello friends!

Hello, and welcome to our SURPRISE Birthday Beach Blog Hop for the lovely Asha!  You should have arrived here from Jerrie Mead's blog.  If not, start at the MHKDesigns blog to complete the hop for more chances to WIN!  We are celebrating a very special lady today, and we're doing so by creating beachy birthday cards to wish her many happy returns!

Here is our inspiration image:



Here is what I created: 



I used sponge daubers to create a sky, shoreline and beach. I emphasized the beach using some glittery embossing powder. I used the sentiment from the "Beachy Keen" stamp set.  

Thank you so much for joining in our hop to say "Happy Birthday" to a dear friend!  Your next stop on the hop is Judith Smith (Guest) blog! 

Until next time,




9 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica! :) Your card is stunning! I just love how you've done your beachy sand! So pretty with the shimmer and great shell accent and sponged blue sky too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing, love all of the finishing touches on this beauty. Especially the texture/glitter.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I love the way you used the sponge daubers, the sentiment and the beautiful shell & sand!

    Hugs,
    Chriss America Real
    http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, this card is gorgeous! I love the blended colors of the sea and the sand, and the shell fits with the sentiment perfectly!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, I totally LOVE this fabulous creation! The texture is amazing, and I LOVE how you created your own scene--complete with a seashell! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Jess, that embossing powder is amazing and like the die cut! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super GORGEOUS!!! Ooooh! That sandy background is pretty special, Jessica. LOVE it! Thank you so much for this amazing Birthday Blog Hop, dear friend. I am blessed to have you in my life.
    HUGS, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow!!! FABULOUS background and I love that wonderful shell. Awesome card.
    Happy Birthday to Asha!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete